Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crossroads



There have been times in my life where I have felt that change was on the way. Lately, I've been feeling as if I'm at a crossroad in my life. Maybe it's because I'm turning 40 in two months or that my children are getting older, I just don't know, but I do know that I feel a change in the air. I've been contemplating going back to school to finish a teaching degree, or maybe going back to work part-time, I just can't seem to make my mind up, do you ever feel this way?




One thing that I know is exactly as it should be is my family, they are great! However, at this moment I'm needing girlfriends! You know the kind that you can tell anything to and you know it won't go past their lips, or the kind that you go away with for the weekend, or the kind that is there no matter what?!? That's what I need! I have found that making friends as an adult is a whole different ballgame than making them as teenagers.




Be sure to check in on Monday, I will be posting about my next GIVEAWAY!!!















3 comments:

Hautemama said...

I just got a part-time job in the next time. I'm the Programs Coordinator for the Resource Center there. They have a food pantry, provide utility and rent assistance and free counseling. I just wanted to feel like I was making a difference in the world while just working part-time. And....honey, I am sooo with you on the friends front. I find that I have few really true friends and just a lot of acquaintances. It's so hard finding great gal friends that support and treasure you instead of break you down.

Hautemama said...

That would be in the next TOWN.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello,

Thank you for stopping by and saying hello. I know what you mean about feeling like you are at a crossroad. I just had this conversation with one of my friends. I definitely feel like I am at a crossroad and that there is going to be a change soon. Speaking of friends, it really is important to have at least one to two close friends. I am lucky in that I have some very close longtime friends but I also have some that I would consider more like an acquaintance. Those types of friends are fine but they are the type of friends that come into your life for a short time. Depending on what your hobbies are, you might look into joining a group or two. It is a good way to meet new people and gain some new friendships. Years ago I joined a foodies group. it gave me a chance to meet people with similar interests and I also became close friends with one of the other members. We are still very close to this day. Just an idea.

~ Tracy