Friday, September 9, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
There are a few rules that come along with this award, they are:
- thank the person who gave you the award & link back to them on your blog
- share seven things about yourself
- pass along the award to up to fifteen bloggers
I would like to award this to:
- Here On Hartland, Kathy is my aunt & someone I have always admired. She is an amazing woman with a kind heart & soul..
Now for the seven things about me:
- I'm turning 40 in 5 weeks, YIKES! I'm experiencing major anxiety over this, even though I didn't think it would bother me.
- I have a huge fear of dying young and leaving my children motherless.
- I'm not a fan of french fries or potato chips.
- Okay, this is a biggie; I HATE COFFEE! I start each morning with a fountain diet coke, preferably from DQ.
- Wrapping presents is one of favorite things to do, so much so that I've thought about offering my services for the holidays.
- Going to the mailbox is one of the highlights of my day. I wish more people sent snail mail, it's much more personal.
- When I was 18 I moved to New Rochelle, New York to work as a live-in nanny for 7 year-old twins whose parents worked in the city at Pl@yboy & Price W@terhouse. I stayed six-weeks and high-tailed it home.
This has been really fun, thanks again Jen for the award!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Talbots styled by Ashley Falcon
Brooks Brother Woman
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Most days I feel like the world's worst mother! He wants skinny jeans from all the trendy stores, I want him to wear Polo & Brooks Brothers, he listens to music I can't stand, he barely grunts when you ask him a question and forget about trying to feed him, all he wants is McDonalds & cheese sticks.
Then there are those precious few moments when he wants to talk to me and gives me the biggest hug that gives me the courage to live through another day. Keep in mind he has the sweetest personality in the world!
I know that this is an important time in his life, finding his individuality, his style, his independence. I'm not ready for all these changes, I still want to pick out his clothes & brush teeth.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011
Monday, August 1, 2011
I just love GIVEAWAYS, don't you? I will be giving one lucky reader a subscription to one of my favorite magazines, Southern Lady. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite blog (I'm needing some new reading material, lol) and you're entered, it's that simple!
Also, my lovely aunt at Here On Hartland is hosting her very first giveaway stop by and leave her a comment to enter!
Oh how I love giving stuff away!!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
The last month of my life is like a blur, I can't begin to describe to you what our family calender has been like! Finally, school is out (YEAH), we are moved (DOUBLE YEAH), and everyone is happy!!!
Our new home and neighborhood are truly a blessing! We love it here, the views of the mountains are beautiful, the wildlife is amazing and our neighbors are the best! I feel settled for the first time in years, I hope we don't have to move for years to come.
Monday, May 16, 2011
We celebrated Tom's 40th birthday this past weekend, he had a great time even though he hates the idea of being in his 40's! I teased him all weekend until he reminded me that I would be 40 in October, yikes! We started out by going to the lake on Wednesday night through Saturday morning then we headed to Pigeon Forge, TN to the F100 Supernationals which was the highlight of Tom's weekend.
Monday, May 9, 2011
This was the best Mother's Day to date! Tom and the boys each gave me a special card, both of the boys bought cards that were for Step-Mothers, LOL!!!! I laughed until I cried reading about how glad they were that I joined their family and that is was almost as if we were related!! I will treasure those cards forever! Tom's card was so sweet & kind, just like him!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- half of a peanut butter sandwich tastes better than a whole
- you can be in the worst mood ever, see a baby and automatically smile
- children can remember the words to every song on their ipod but can't remember to put their school uniforms in the laundry room
- just when you think your child is going to have to miss school because of the above mentioned laundry incident you find a school shirt at the bottom of the drawer
- when you read a great book you think that everyone you meet needs to read it
- the corner piece of pizza, cake, brownies well just about everything taste better?
- Easter candy tastes better than fruit
- the Kate Spade purse I want for summer is way more than I want to spend!?!
Have a good day/evening!!