Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

My children started school on August 19th, I can't believe that they are in the 5th & 3rd grades! I'm always ready for them to go back to school but at the same time I miss the laughter & noise of having them home with me, it's kinda bittersweet. I always bake them a special treat on the first day of school, this year they chose chocolate chip cookies, yummy! School has only been in session for one week and the school board closed our school on Friday & Monday due to strep throat and the flu, thankfully the boys haven't gotten sick, I have packed extra Germ-X wipes in their lunchboxes and told them to wash their hands often. Sometimes I think that about homeschooling but I don't know if I could manage.

2 comments:

Girly Stuff said...

Just think of how awesome their immune systems must be! You can't get that homeschooling!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

I think homeschooling isnt too great for the growth and overall development of kids. They need peer interactions, challenges to grasp the dynamics in what they learn in classrooms and beyond it. Its nice to read your posts. So, do keep writing.