Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Random Thoughts

We had a wonderful and busy Thanksgiving weekend. We started off Thursday with lunch at my Mom's, then we drove 6 hours to the other end of the state to spend the weekend with my in-laws. My MIL and I went shopping on Black Friday and found lots of great deals for Christmas and a few things for ourselves. It was a fun weekend! We came on on Sunday after stopping by Lake Cumberland, we miss the lake so much in the winter months. On Monday I was really tried and not feeling well, a horrible migraine hit me like a ton of bricks that evening. On Tuesday morning I still wasn't feeling well, I ended up in the ER from 7:30am to 2:00pm, then I had to see my family doctor, he is the best doctor in the world. I was so scared, I thought that I was having a heart attack and the worst part of it all was that the boys were home, they were terrified, my neighbor drove to the ER and took wonderful care of the boys until my family could pick them up. It is so nice to have friends and family to help us in our time of need and I'm thankful for them. I have to take better care of myself, my Dad died at 55 and two of his brothers died at 36 and 42. I decided to stop eating sugar (I know I must be crazy at this time of year) sugar is a big trigger food for me and I have also decided to go organic. I think that this was warning for me and I need to put my health first. On a lighter note, I was the runner-up winner in a contest that Lions, Tigers, and Boys Oh My was doing, I can't wait to read my new books.

3 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my goodness, how scary! A trip to the ER is never any fun. Good for you, though, for taking your health seriously and doing what you need to do, diet-wise, to avoid those triggers. Hard this time of year, I am sure!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you felt so icky... Hope you feel better soon!

Marva said...

Girl, you had better take care of yourself! Cutting sugar cold turkey can also trigger migraines. Just a lil fyi.

Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Merry Christmas!

Blessings!!!