Thursday, April 23, 2009

Beautiful Weather


The weatherman said the Bluegrass State is in for a beautiful weekend and if all goes well we are heading to our little Somerset Cottage tomorrow for a much needed break, we are picking the boys up from school early and will be to the lake by 4:00pm, hopefully.

I have decided to give myself a gift, do you want to know what it is? A cleaning lady to help me with my spring cleaning, I have been gone so much over the last 3 months my house looks like tornado blew through. The best part of it all is that she likes to paint and is willing to help me with the dining room and kitchen. Does anyone have any suggestions on covering a dark red paint?

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Marva said...

Sounds lovely! Have a blessed weekend! Congrats on the cleaning lady! ;)

Still praying for Tom's grandfather.

Shannon said...

I got the comment you left on my blog and decided to check yours out!

Tip for covering red paint--LOTS OF KILZ... Several coats of it should do the trick. Probably 3 coats of kilz will give you a clean slate!

Davene said...

Have a wonderful time, and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weather! :)

Fifi Flowers said...

Covering RED paint... before you actually put on a colour... put on a coat of Kilz ask for it at HOme Depot, Lowes etc.
BEAUTIFUL flowers... ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Girly Stuff said...

Kudos to you for getting a cleaning lady!

I hope you guys have fun in the lake "house"...we are going to be off in ours this weekend too!

Kilz...but you might want it tinted depending on your new color.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That does sound lovely-I am ITCHING to get to our cottage-turn on the water, clean up and get summer started!!!!
Hiring someone sounds dreamy!!! Envious!!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Oh-red paint-I was told a tinted primer-grey or blue...I would ask...
Good luck-

Ashley McWhorter said...

Thanks so much for stopping by the kitchen tour. Always fun meeting new blog friends. I saw that you are from Kentucky? My daughter (almost 5) calls in Nen-tucky. Funny! :)

Jules from "The Roost" said...

good for you on the cleaning lady! :) Hope you have your spring cleaning behind you.