Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table


My Chihuahua Bites is hosting Tuesdays at the Table, I thought I would share with you a great chicken casserole that is a family favorite.


Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole


Crust & Topping


3 pkgs of Town House Crackers--crushed
3 sticks of unsalted butter--melted
3 T. of poppy seeds


Mix together and set aside


Filling


6 split chicken breast cooked & cubed
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups of sour cream
1 small can of mushrooms--chopped
salt & pepper to taste


Mix together, spray a 9X13 casserole dish with Pam, then press half the cracker mixture in the bottom of the dish, then add the filling and top with the remaining crackers. Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour, let stand for 20-30 minutes then serve with your favorite vegetable.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!

http://www.eyeballgirl.com

Lisa said...

So many great recipes! I'm writing down every single one!

Picket said...

Oh that sounds so good..I love casseroles....especially with chicken...I have a great chicken and dumplings one in my recipe link that only takes about 30 minutes. I do hope you hubby's grandfather gets stronger and better....it is hard to see our loved ones hurting...thanks so much for coming by....I hope you have a great week!

Nicolle said...

That does sound wonderful. I love making a casserole! I am going to try this.

Rue said...

Hi Michelle :)

Great recipe! I just copied it :)

Thank you so much!
rue