Monday, April 20, 2009

Returning to Normal

Life is slowly but surely returning to normal. Tom's grandfather spent a week in the hospital, the doctors have decided that he can't tolerate the chemo. He is still on insulin and blood thinners twice a day, this should be over next week sometime and then we will only need to take care of him as needed, not on a daily basis.

I can't wait for warm weather! The pool will be open next week, that always lifts my spirits. I hope to start painting next week, I'm so tried of the red in my kitchen and dining room, I have chosen a beautiful shade of blue to lighten things up! Our landscaping is in dire need of a makeover, if anyone has any ideas for budget landscaping please let me know. I have been reading several blogs, I'm amazed by the talent some women have when it comes to redoing their homes on a budget if you get a chance checkout Whimsies & Whatnots you will be amazed at her counters. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Girly Stuff said...

I'm glad he only has one more week to go. At least he has you guys taking care of him.

Can't wait to see the new blue!

And I saw those counters...crazy!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Tom's grandfather is in my prayers. I am glad that you can take care of him. I just found your blog. I will return, it's really nice so far. Have a great night!

Unknown said...

I just saw your comment on Pickets blog so I thought i would stop over and say Hi! Then I read about the flying pig marathon and saw that you live in KY, we are in Bright, Indiana. So depending on where you are in KY, we are practically neighbors. We are also having medical issues in the family, so I can appreciate all that you are going thru, I will stop back, and please come over and say hi! Sue