Friday, October 9, 2009

Front Door Makeover


My paint job is far from perfect but in the words of the Nester, "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". I'm loving my front door makeover, I still need to touch-up a few places, paint the swing and paint the trim but I think it looks so much better(you can see the before here). The previous owners had tried to varnish a fiberglass door, needless to say I had a mess on my hands and a much bigger job than I anticipated, isn't that how it always goes. But in the end I learned how to paint a door and gained a little confidence with a paint brush.

On a happy note, I saw my surgeon today for my 6 week check-up, he said that my scar looked great and would get smaller within the next 6 months and that I could do anything that I wanted with no restrictions! I think I'll paint my dining room and kitchen next week, anyone want to drive to Kentucky to help me? LOL!!!


Have a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

LOVE your front door-It looks great!!!

Girly Stuff said...

The front door looks superb!

And I am glad to hear your condition is getting better and better!