Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holiday Happenings 2009

Our Holiday week started out with a bang and has ended with a boom! Late last Friday night we had a huge snow storm hit Kentucky which proceeded to knock down trees and power lines all over Eastern Kentucky, Tom had to go to work in the middle of the night because the mines lost all power and the generators wouldn't work. Saturday morning I had to call the fire department to come cut trees out of our road so I could get to Ashland to see my baby brother before he leaves for Iraq.


Monday Tom & I hired a sitter and finished up last minute shopping for the boys which would've been nice had he not had to be on the phone with work the whole time we where out, but we got to be together alone for a few hours.


Tuesday Tom called to tell me to meet him at the hospital because they were admitting his Grandfather and he wanted to see the boys in case he didn't make it home in time for Christmas.


Wednesday morning Jonah woke up with a fever, off to the pediatrician we went; his asthma has gotten worse and he now needs two different inhalers each day and he had what she said was a cold, well that cold turned into two days of fevers that reached 104 more than once, thankfully he is feeling better now.


This brings us to Christmas Eve, my in-laws finally make to our house, after we opened gifts my mother-in-law got a horrible stomach virus and spent the next 27 hours in bed.


On Christmas day I was worn out, I had to cook dinner, go see Tom's grandparents (his grandfather was released from the hospital on Wednesday), take care of a sick MIL who couldn't even get up to get herself a drink of water and deal with the mess of Christmas wrapping paper and boxes everywhere!


Now it's Saturday, the in-laws are still here, I've cleaned the nasty bathroom that the sick MIL used (GROSS!!!) and I have decided to leave the state for Christmas next year!!!


Even though this seems like a horrible week, which it has been, my boys loved everything that they received for Christmas and have been getting along so well that it's scary, I think they know that Mommy has reached her breaking point! To see those two smiling faces is worth all the trouble that this week has held!


I hope that your Christmas was merry and bright and that the New Year brings you peace and joy!!!







2 comments:

Davene said...

Oh, Michelle, that is crazy! What a week!! I'm so sorry that so many things combined to bring hardship to your week. I really hope this coming one is better.

If you want to leave the state next year for Christmas, come east and hang out with us, OK? :)

Angie Acapella said...

oh my! I think I would've been pulling my hair out! But just breathe because it's over now (sort of...until the in-laws leave). Come up to Lexington and we'll vent over some coffee.