Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Use What You Have

I'm trying to "shop" my house for things that I don't use to make a few inexpensive Christmas decorations.

I desperately needed something new for my front door, I was so tried of the cheap WalMart prelit wreath from years ago so I took a little walk up my charming country road with my handy dandy Pampered Chef kitchen scissors (we jokingly call them "the bone cutters" because they will cut through anything) to cut some fresh pine and to look for a few pine cones. Then I rummaged through the box of Christmas decorations that are missing a piece or broken but you can't stand the thoughts of throwing them away and found several things that I could use for my front door project. The next step was to get out the hot glue gun and go to work!
This is what I came up with, I really think it looks nice against the black door, one of my neighbors stopped be yesterday and wanted to know where I had gotten, that makes me want to make more things.

What are you making for your home this Christmas season?

3 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

I love it. I have one of those baskets too...did you get yours from a Southern Living show?

Also, good mention of Pampered Chef...I've got so many of their things but never did get the kitchen shears. I've always wanted them. Now I can see one more use for them...pruning trees and bushes! lol

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Gorgeous! What an amazing job you did...Love it!

Kathy said...

Take my word for it...this is pretty! Michelle's house is beautifully decorated for the holiday, and she was still working on it when I was there. Can't wait to see the trees in each of the boy's rooms!