Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Traditions


This Christmas was a little different for Tom & me as far as gift exchanging goes, we decided to buy what we wanted instead of surprising each other with handpicked gifts. He wanted a 1972 Ford F-250 truck to add to his collection, I wanted a new purse and Cricut Expression scrapbooking machine, I think I like exchanging gifts this way because we each were thrilled with our purchases. He bought his truck from a man in Minnesota(ebay), I called Neimans and visited my favorite scrapbooking store, it was that simple and it was great!



The longer we are married the more I realize that romance isn't always like its written in novels, it's the little things like laughing over how well he did picking out my presents and how I knew exactly which truck to buy that make two people stay so deeply in love with each other after being married thirteen years. I look forward to many more new Christmas traditions with the man that I love so very much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you know each other's "Love Language"....that's cool! Happy New Year!

Danielle said...

LOL too funny! Just found your blog :0)