Monday, January 31, 2011

Making Changes



For the past few months I have been researching the benefits of an organic lifestyle, I firmly believe that we as Americans are poisoning ourselves and our children. Going organic in rural America is going to be a challenge but surprisingly our local grocery store has a really good selection of organic foods. I will need to make a trip to Lexington about once a month to stock my freezer and pantry but I will be able to buy the staples locally.






I have never had much of a green thumb but I'm going to give it my best shot and try my hand at a small garden this spring. I plan on starting out with tomatoes, lettuces, cucumbers and a few herbs. The information that is available on organic gardening is nothing short of amazing, it takes so little to make such a huge difference!

1 comment:

Mrs.B said...

I have struggled with this choice for a while. I am changing my eating "habits", but have not gone 100% organic yet...and not sure that I ever could...LOL.

Been sticking to a lot of fruits and veggies and more water!