Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Update


We have made an offer on a house and are waiting on the sellers to get back to us with a counter offer, if we don't here from them by tomorrow we are going to make an offer on our second choice. The real estate market in our area is a seller's market all the way, we live in a rural area with limited subdivisions due to the mountains and economic issues. The house we have made an offer on is nothing at all what I thought our next house would look like but it's been totally remodeled, the one car detached garage will need to be torn down and a 2 car built in it's place. I like a more traditional home with good solid bones, this house is more rustic but I love the subdivision, the views are breathtaking it's as if you are living in a chalet in the Smokey Mountains. I plan on painting the exterior of the house a tan or grey with black accents, the kitchen was just replaced last year and it's FABULOUS, the back splash is stone to match the fireplace, love it! Our second choice is in an older subdivision and needs a ton of work, I just don't think we could ever get our money back on that house and I'm afraid when we start tearing out bathrooms and the kitchen we will get into more than we bargained for.



*************************************************************************************

I found out this weekend that my best friend from high school had a double mastectomy on Thursday. She went to the OB/GYN for her yearly exam with no problems, he found a lump and sent her the next day for a mammogram, within 12 days she had surgery and is now home recovering with stage 2 breast cancer. She finds out Wednesday when she starts radiation and chemotherapy. I'm ashamed to say that it has been two years since my last yearly OB/GYN check, I plan on making an appointment tomorrow. Please keep her (Pam) in your prayers, she has two teenage daughters and lost her own mother at a young age to lung cancer, she is a very strong person but is scared out of her mind.


**************************************************************************************

I have seen both my endocrinologist and family doctor within the last week, my endo says that my thyroid levels still aren't where she wants them, she has added an additional thyroid medication to take along with my Synthroid in hopes of converting TSH. I have been through the mill trying to find a combination of medicine that will work for me since my thyroidectomy in 2009. The plus side of adding yet another pill to my medicine box is this has the potential to help me lose a few pounds. I have gained a lot of weight since my surgery but I still feel better than I have in years.



Before we moved into this rental house I painted two rooms and touched up the ceiling in the foyer, while I was painting the ceiling I fell off a ladder and twisted my knee. Ever since that happened my knee hasn't been the same. My family doctor examined it today and thinks that I've torn the cartilage and/or ligaments, they are scheduling an MRI. I don't know what I'll do if I have to have surgery, it's my right knee.

1 comment:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Wow-I can't wait to hear how this house hunting goes---
And I said a prayer for your friend right now...that upsets me so-
And I will be keeping you in my prayers, too-
And happy birthday Jonah! My son turned ten yesterday-I can't believe I am a mom to a 10 year old. Crazy-