Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello!

Wow! What an end to 2011!! It was one for the record books. But everything has settled down and the new year is looking bright with new possibilities.

We had a wonderful Christmas with our families, the boys were thrilled with their gifts. We are starting the new year with a few resolutions that I hope will make it past January 10th. They are:

  1. Etiquette lessons for the boys, I asked Miss Janice is she had any recommendations for a book that I could read to teach my children, she responded and we are starting chapter one this week.
  2. We have gotten away from eating dinner as a family and I was making two to three different entrees for my picking eaters. No more! Tonight was the first night of everyone eating the same thing at the same time with no tv, cell phones or iPads at the table, only one child left the table in tears, LOL!
  3. We as a family are starting to volunteer at the local nursing home one night a week. It's amazing to me that so many elderly patients have no visitors, EVER!
  4. For years I've felt a calling to adoption, I have been searching scripture and my soul looking for the answer, I feel as if I have a clear answer and ask for your prayers as my family and I prepare to start foster parenting classes. Yes, it will be hard and it will be more than I can possibly imagine but I also no that God calls upon us as Christians to care the orphans and widows and that if we step out in faith He will lead our path.

I hope that your Christmas was merry and bright and that your new year is amazing!

No comments: