Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July at Lake Cumberland



Our friends Jamie & Tammy and their two girls spent the 4th with us at the lake, we had a great time eating out, boating, swimming, watching a magic show and fireworks at Jamestown Marina!


Jonah

The boys enjoyed being at the camper and playing with their friends, our campground neighbors are fast becoming dear friends to our family! Their son Zachary and our boys love going to the dock to eat dinner and get flavor-swirled ice creams.



Johnson


Jonah, Zachary & Johnson


Conley Bottom Marina on beautiful Lake Cumberland



Tom is a mine manager for a large coal company in Eastern Kentucky a few weeks ago he told the men if they could go 100 days without a lost-time accident he would let them shave his hair off, YIKES! Before we left for vacation he came home bald! Needless to say we had to buy extra sunscreen, LOL!! Unfortunately, they had a roof fall while we were at the lake and we had to come home early :( Thankfully, no one was hurt!

My love of reading seems to grow in the summer, I guess it's because I have a little extra time on my hands. This is one of the best books that I've read in a long time, it has a great story line and I wanted to cry when I read the last page because I wanted to know the rest of the story.


I hope that each of you had a fabulous 4th of July!!




1 comment:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

What a great start to your summer-at the lake!
I can't believe your hubby shaved his head! That is one brave man-