Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's Been A Great Day!


I love days like this, everything has gone smoothly, the children have gotten along and I have kept the house picked up. We only have about 5 weeks until school starts back instead of wishing the time away I have decided to make the most of it and enjoy every minute with my sons. My dear Mother reminded a few minutes ago that all too soon they will be grown and that I would be wishing for them to this age again, she is a very wise woman!


They wanted a boat for the pool today but couldn't decide how to pay for it, I offered to buy it in lieu of an allowance they quickly agreed and I actually saved about $5 this week!

I'm loving this blog hop, I've found several new blogs to read and follow and I love a good blog almost as much as I do a good book. I hope that you are having a great day!

8 comments:

Angie said...

That was a great trade-allowance for the boat!!! I will have to remember things like that when Taegan is older. Thanks for wishing me a Happy Birthday-it is so fun to meet new people!!!

Hautemama said...

Love the boat! Looks so fun! Thanks for following me!

Jenna said...

I think you made a good deal!!

Amanda said...

I love the idea of a trade off! Great job! I'm over from the blog hop, and you're right, it is alot of fun!

Robin said...

Hey! I am visiting from Jenna's Journey!

The boat was a fantastic trade-off for the allowance! I've tried that trade-off thing with my son, but it usually doesn't work...lol!!

It's nice to "meet" you!

Robin :o) aka: Alabama Slacker Mama

GREG AND JANICE said...

Hello! I just came across your blog from Jenna's, and I'm so glad I did because I love your posts! I really look forward to following you! And good call on the trade ;)

Rue said...

It's so true! Just yesterday my son Alex was like 3.... now he's in the army. Where does the time go?? Have a wonderful rest of your summer :)

xo,
rue

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Hi Michelle!
I am leaving a comment here, because I couldn't find your email-
Love the boat in the pool by the way-that would be a great place to read! :)
Anyway-I got the books! THANKYOU!!!
I love both of them-especially the parenting one on boys-please email me your address-I thought I had it, but couldn't find it, and I want to send YOU something!!!
Love, Me