Sunday, July 25, 2010

Total Relaxation

Friday evening, I started my weekend alone by watching one of my favorite movies of all time, Sex and the City I have watched this movie at least 15 times and I think I could watch it 15 more. While I was watching the movie I shaped my eyebrows, painted my fingernails and gave myself a french pedicure. Also, I started reading a new book, The Guernsey Literary and Sweet Potato Pie Society.


Saturday morning I attended a baby shower for a first time mother, the home was decorated beautifully and the food delicious. After a champagne toast the mother-to-be opened several lovely presents.I have been praying for some time now to meet some new friends, it was really nice to have been invited to this shower and I feel like I may have met a few people who have the same interests as me.


After the shower I drove to a neighboring town to shop at my favorite scrapbooking store then I came home and watched another great movie (that I've seen a zillion times) and I went to bed early.
This morning I woke up early and gave our house a deep cleaning. I was so excited to see Tom and the boys pull in the driveway, I didn't realize how much I had missed them until I saw them. I'm so thankful for Tom he is truly a wonderful husband & father.



4 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! My hubby took my little one out of town a few weeks ago and left me alone overnight and it was heavenly to be able to go to bed when I wanted and to sleep late. Oh yes, and watch fun movies! By the way, I didn't really like Sex and the City 2...wasn't even close to being as good as the first one.

Ashley E. said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Michelle
I enjoyed heairng about your weekend. You sound to have enjoyed your time alone but also missed your boys. I love Mama Mia too. Doesn't it make you want to jump on a plane and go to Greece? It does me! I have also read Chinese Cinderella. Great book.
I hope you are having a lovely Monday blog hopping. Enjoy.
Lindsay
x

Megan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE SATC! Sounds like a really peaceful weekend :) hope your week is just as peaceful!